Your information – Privacy Notice
At Altogether Care, we want you to be confident that your information is kept safe and secure with us and understand how we use it to provide great care and a more personalised experience.
What information do we collect about you?
We may collect the following information from you and other sources:
When you enquire about our services, we may collect:
- Personal data that you provide such as such as your name, age and contact details when you contact us through our website, by phone, email, post, face to face or social media.
- Information collected from our website – e.g. IP addresses and browsing behaviour from our website and any supporting apps you may use (please see more in our cookie section).
- And retain all personal information disclosed by you to us, we will not seek to append personal data from external sources.
- The IP address your router freely transmits to our web servers.
- Your browser user agent, as freely transmitted by your computer. This includes your browser build information, your device type and your computer’s operating system.
- Basic recruitment information such as your education, qualifications, identification documents and right to work confirmations if you are applying for a position with us.
- If you don’t provide us with information, we will not be able to respond to your enquiries about healthcare.
When you use our services, we may collect:
- Basic information about you such as your name, date of birth, postal and billing address, telephone numbers, next of kin, GP practice details.
- Your account login details including your username and password.
- Information about your health and wellbeing, treatment and care. This may also include information about your marital status, ethnicity and sexual orientation and results of X-Rays, scans and laboratory tests.
- Bank information (this is retained by our third-party payment service).
- Your health insurer where applicable.
- Information from compliments, complaints and incidents.
- Your feedback and contribution to our client questionnaires and surveys.
Information from other sources
We work closely with third parties such as health and care business partners and sub-contractors such as those providing NHS services. We therefore may receive information from them relating to your health and care such as referrals, reports and test results.
We may also receive information about you from our trusted sub-contractors who provide technical support, payment services, advertising and analytics support. This could be confirmation of payment for your health and care services and information about your browsing behaviour on our websites and supporting applications.
How we use the information about you
This section explains how and why we use your personal data:
We need to process your personal data to manage your personal account, to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between us and you, to provide you with information or services you have requested and to help you with any payments or refunds you may require.
To ensure that you receive the best possible care, your health record will also contain more sensitive information and reports about your health including details of any appointments, illness, tests and other treatments you receive. This may be shared with those who have a legal and legitimate need to see it to support your care.
We use personal or anonymised data to monitor how effective our services are and to make sure that the treatments and services we provide are meeting the needs of our clients.
We use your personal data to send you our newsletters and information about products and services that you may be interested in. You can opt out of this at any time.
We may use your personal contact details to notify you about changes to our services.
We collect information for the following legitimate interests:
- Providing and managing your healthcare and wellbeing on your behalf or on behalf of others.
- Managing all aspects of our relationship with you including contacting you about your appointments, your account, payments, compliments, complaints, incident handling and claims etc.
- To monitor compliance and improve our services.
Sometimes we are required by law to pass on certain information about you without your consent, for example:
- Reporting some infectious diseases.
- Where a law, court order or public authority instructs us to do so.
Information about you may be shared without your consent in exceptional situations, such as:
- when a serious crime has been committed
- if there is a serious risk to the public or our colleagues
- to protect children or vulnerable adults who are unable to decide whether their information should be shared
With your consent, we may contact you about our services and products. You can opt out of this at any time, either through your account if you are a registered client, by contacting the service by phone on 01305 300 161 or by email at email@example.com.
How we store and protect your data:
The confidentiality and security of your information is of paramount importance to us. We take the utmost care when handling your personal and confidential information and ensure that we have appropriate organisational and technical security measures in place to prevent unauthorised access, accidental damage, destruction or loss.
We use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption and enforce physical access controls to our buildings and records to keep information safe. We expect those who are employed or work in partnership with us to have regular training and follow our policies and procedures. We take active steps to monitor compliance with these.
Credit card payment transactions will be processed securely by our third-party payment processors.
We enforce physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, disclosure and destruction of personal data. We may ask for proof of identity before we share your personal data with you or your representative.
By sending us an email message, you will be sending us personal identifying information, such as your name and email address. In these cases, we may retain the information as long as necessary to respond to your request or otherwise resolve the subject matter of your e-mail. Please be aware that email is not necessarily secure from third-party interception or misdirection. For your own protection you may wish to communicate sensitive information using a method other than email. If you prefer email correspondence, we can arrange for an encrypted email message to be set up for communication. Please contact the team for more information.
From time to time we would like to contact you with details of other products and services we provide. When you register with us, we will ask you if you would like to receive marketing communication. If you have consented to receive information, you can of course change your choice or opt out at any time online, over the phone or in writing at any time.
Access to your information, your rights and correction:
Please keep us up-to-date if you change your details.
Under UK Data Protection law, you have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, feel something is not right after reading your records or you have a query about your rights, please contact our Head Office on phone 01305 300 161 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the following websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, you may find that this impacts on your user experience when navigating the website.
Other websites and applications
Changes to our privacy notice
We keep our privacy notice under regular review and we will place any updates on this webpage.
How to contact us:
If you would like to know a little bit more about how we handle your personal information and what information we hold on you, please contact:
Mr. Steve Knell, Chief Executive Officer
t: 01305 300161